Lieu : Geneva, Switzerland · Contrat : Stage · Rémunération : A négocier
OCEAN LEONID INVESTMENTS is an investment fund specialized in commodities. It trades actively
natural gas, European power, emissions, crude oil, refined products, FFA and grains. It deploys
proprietary strategies, which can be fundamental/discretionary, quantitative/algorithmic, or a
mixture of both.
OCEAN LEONID INVESTMENTS is a young company (first trade in July 2021), but benefits from the
commitment of its main investor, a leading shipping company with more than 40 years of expertise
in bulk and wet freight. OCEAN LEONID INVESTMENTS is growing aggressively and has the
ambition to be a regulated hedge fund in a near future.
OCEAN LEONID INVESTMENTS is present in Switzerland, UAE, UK and Singapore. Our development
plans for 2023 are very ambitious. We will continue to diversify and solidify the business by adding
new orthogonal trading strategies.
We are looking for an analyst to join our oil trading desk in Geneva and work in close collaboration with the technology team in charge of database and infrastructure.
Reporting to our Senior Oil Trader and interacting with the Senior Oil Analyst, your main missions
will be to:
• Help the Senior Analyst on developments (Python, SQL, Dash…). In particular, building data
• scraping modules and linking various data providers APIs.
• Contribute to the conception of dashboards, representing various analysis (crude and
• product balances, market positioning, meteorological data, economic data…) used by the
• trading desk to assess markets and resulting price actions.
• Respond to ad-hoc trading desk requests for information: in relation to specific market
• developments, provide relevant information and analysis.
• Contribute to the modelling effort to forecast prices and flows
• Work closely with the Technology team, to deliver portable code and tools, which might
• be used and adapted to the other trading desks
• Generation of trade ideas - form and communicate comprehensive views on oil and refined
• products based on fundamental balances.
• Consistently evaluate and improve model performance.
• You have excellent understanding of econometrics and statistics
• You have good knowledge in finance, economics, and derivatives – and you have interest in commodities
• You have extensive experience in Python development (production grade code, ability to write clean, fully typed and documented scripts)
• Good knowledge of the usual data collection and data processing libraries (numpy, pandas, scipy, beautifulsoup, matplotlib)
• Strong grasp of version control software tools (Git …)
• You have experience with RESTful web service applications (flask, fastapi)
• You are fluent in SQL and comfortable with database management practices
• Ability to build and deploy distributed/containerized apps (Docker-like technologies)
• Knowledge of front-end development is a strong plus (HMTL, CSS, JS)
• Knowledge of other languages is a plus (C++, R, VBA)
• Knowledge/experience with cloud computing/architecture is a plus (AWS, Azure, GCP..)
• You have strong drafting, communication and presentational skills in English with an emphasis on synthesis and succinctness
• More than anything else you need to be curious and hardworking!
The team at OCEAN LEONID INVESTMENTS is prepared to invest on you and share its experience and expertise. You will learn from the best specialists, while enjoying a competitive package.
A successful candidate might have the opportunity at the end of her/his internship to move to a
permanent role within the oil trading desk, another desk or the Technology team depending on
the candidate skills and aspirations.
Interested candidates could send their CVs to email@example.com